1. Please review the last few weeks readings and essays on identity. (And do take this opportunity to post your assignment from last week)
2. Design a new way to represent an individual in the mediated world. This can be a web page that interacts with its visitors, an avatar that slowly reveals more of its persons real appearance and only to some, a world in which one's appearance is controlled by those one interacts with
Some questions to think about include:
- Who controls this representation - the person represented? the system? other people?
- Is there a notion of "truth" in the representation - does it use assessment signals? conventional signals? both
- Are there rules governing the representation or is it more freeform?
- How do the objects and images used in the representation get their meaning - from the real world? from a rulebook?
- Is the representation "readable" to all or only a select few?
- What does it look like? (and/or sound like, feel like)?
- Does it change over time? How? Why?
- How is this representation used? Does it require active control?
- What distinguishes the appearance of one person vs another?
- Does it tie with a real world identity?
3. Sketch your design. And describe the scenario in which such a representation would be used.
Please submit the URL of your sketch online by Monday evening. .