Design a new graphical interface for conversation.
Some questions to think about are:
- How are the participants represented - name? image? voice? How do they control their representation? Is it static or a source of expression?
- How are their words displayed? Can they be directed at individuals or groups? Can small conversations - or threads - form?
- How is space used? Do areas of the screen have special meaning? What motivates a person to move about?
- What is the means of communication - text? audio? graphics?
- What devices are used for input? For display?
- How long do the discussions persist? Are there ways to see the history?
- How many people can participate?
Sketch your design and write an accompanying text explaining what problems your design addresses and how it solves them. Paper sketches are fine, but do scan them if possible.
Please submit the URL of your sketch online by Monday evening. We will meet in the Sociable Media area, E15-449.